Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Life and Times in the Tran Residence.

Wow. What a hectic week its been.
although surprisingly, even with the ball and such.
i still find the highlight of my week.
being with my family. XD

such as.

just last night..
my dad found his old "michael jackson's greatest hits" dvd.
so we decided to pop it in to check it out.

and you know,
as it was only about 1am in the morning. we decided to put it on full volume and then proceed to sing along to all the songs.
super asian karaoke style. >XD
it actually got to the point where my dad actually got up and started dancing.

it was lovely.

his butt was wobbling everywhere.
my brother laughed as much as an emo boy could.
my mom tried to pretend not to stare.
while my grandma promptly left the room. toilet she says... *cough*

and i...
being the wonderful daughter i was.
began looking for a camera.

unfortunately.
i couldn't find it.
so i resorted to the next best thing.
dancing along with him.

XD

as i said, it was lovely.

and tonight.
me and my brother spent half an hour running around the house, screaming at each other.
but the nice sort of screaming.

basically.
i wouldn't get off his bed.
so he resorted into getting out his secret defense mechanism.
toothpicks.

trust me. they're deadly.

and so, the great toothpick war began.

with my brother running at me with not just one.
but TWO toothpicks, one in each hand.

i managed to defend myself with some of my own.

it was a long fight. but well worth it.
with some splintered toothpicks along the way.
...
we lost a lot of good toothpicks that night.
but got plenty of good exercise in doing so.

seriously. though.
with all the ruckus we made (it was around midnight when we started)
im surprised that our homestays haven't killed us in our sleep yet...
who knows.
tonight could be the night they actually snap..
hmm.
...

either way.

i discovered that.
its these little things, these little quirky moments in our boring lives that i truly learn to appreciate my family in all their weird glory.
im thankful.
but most importantly.
im thankful to michael jackson.
and your wonderful pelvic thrusting dance moves..
which have some how brought my family together even more than we were before
i guess they really are magic.

and so with a soppy, corny post.
i leave with a short 20sec video of just how intense that toothpick fight was.

and yes.
that pedophile like breathing noise you hear, is me.
...
what?
i was running!
hence out of breath!
thats what everyone sounds like when they run...
>___>

4 comments:

Jojo Cupcake said...

So i've comE to the conclusion that this blog can relate to incest..

You want to sleep in your brtoher's bed PLUS
"im thankful to michael jackson.
and your wonderful pelvic thrusting dance moves..
which have some how brought my family together (pun?) even more than we were before"

Please don't kill me...

pessimistic procrastinator said...

LOL
i knew someone would put two and two together like that.

ITS NOT INCEST
cos thats jsut ew joanne

you and your dodgey mind.

Unknown said...

Dude, Safety first, Someone could get hurt with those toothpicks =S

Careful not to leak this video onto the internet... Wait too late. CIA is gonna recruit him for his secret technique now.

Anonymous said...

Was the Jaws theme necessary Anna? lmao

quick question tho...
Why WERE you in his bed anyways...no no no, no avoiding question, mizz cwazy lol